|TRAINING - FILM - TELEVISION - DIGITAL MEDIA|
We run courses covering the practical and knowledge essentials of video and audio production and post production. Our courses will keep you up to date with the latest technical changes in editing, acquisition and delivery.
We're Europe’s leading Avid Learning Partner and an Apple Authorised Training Centre. We have a range of courses to get you editing, grading and mastering effects in both Avid Media Composer, Symphony and Apple Final Cut Pro.
Because VET is a post facility our experts are practicing professionals able to lead you through tapeless workflows, motion graphics, archiving, and shooting and directing using the latest cameras. Whatever your training needs, we have regular and bespoke courses that give you the practical skills you need to succeed.
VET Training has been leading training in Broadcast, film, video and digital media production and skills for more than 25 years. Held in high regard, we regularly update our courses and create training especially for client’s work processes. Our trainers are experienced professionals with excellent teaching skills as well as extensive knowledge and the passion to focus on your learning and development.
Training can take place at our premises in London, or at your premises nationally and internationally.
VET Training offers the widest range of Avid courses in the UK, both Certified programmes and our own courses in specific areas for professional editors; After Effects training for both Avid and FCP editors; Professional Creative Editing; Tapeless HD Workflow Management; File Compression & Encoding; Understanding Digital Media Technology; HD Camera Operation.
Further information and prices for our short courses are available on our website.
We also create bespoke training courses to fit you or your company's requirements and our satisfied clients include broadcasters, production companies, higher education such as: BBC, ITV, BSkyB, Tiger Aspect, Endemol, Grand Designs, Time Team, Ascent Media and Goldsmiths University. To discuss training options and get a quote, get in touch with our friendly training team.
Technical and Changing Technologies
- Understanding Digital Media Technology: 3 days
- Tapeless HD Workflow Management: full day or half day
- File Compression and Encoding: full day or half day
- Specials include Data Wrangling, IT for Post Production and Video Technology for IT People
- Professional Creative Editing with Avid or FCP (supported self-study): 1 month
- Final Cut Pro for Avid Editors: 2 days
- Avid for FCP Editors: 2 days
- Editing - Fundamental Concepts: 1 day
- Advanced Avid Editors Workshop: 1 day
- Avid AMA Ingest and Export: 2 days
- Audio finishing for Avid Offline Editors: 1 day
- ProTools 101 Introduction to ProTools: 2 days
- ProTools 110 ProTools Production I: 3 days
- ProTools 201 ProTools Production II: 2 days
- ProTools 210P Post Production Techniques: 3 days
Apple Certified Courses
- Apple FCP 101 - Final Cut Pro X Level One: 3 days
- Apple Certified Exams ( Level 1 & 2)
Avid Media Composer 6 Certified Courses
- MC 101 (Part 1) Editing Essentials: 3 days
- MC 110 (Part 2) Effects Essentials: 2 days
- MC 201 Professional Picture and Sound Editing: 3 days
- MC 205 Professional Effects and Compositing: 2 days
- MC 205 3rd Party Plug-ins, Avid FX – optional day 3
- MC 239 Colour correction with Media Composer: 1 day
- SN 324 Finishing on Avid Media Composer Avid Symphony Nitris : 2 days
- Avid Exams ( 1 attempt included in Avid Certified course fee)